Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fortune Smiles!

So since yesterday was our anniversary I took the day off of work and Breanne and I went to the mall. I normally go to Hammond's Toys when I am there even though in general they don't have anything worth getting and when they do it is normally overpriced. Fortune smiled yesterday however as they had the four new Galactic Heroes sets that have been available online for more than a month now and they had them for a negligible price increase! So here we have the best of the four sets Aayla Secura and Commander Bly.
Then we have two of the four Jedi who Darth Sidious easily dispatches in ROTS, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar.
Then we have the Cerean Ki-Adi Mundi and Commander Bacara.
Last we have a really superb looking Tarfful and Commander Gree.
Then last night Breanne and I went to out to eat at Olive Garden and then went to Shopko before going to the movie theater to see National Treasure 2. Much to my excitement Shopko was clearancing their 8' joes but sadly there was only one that I didn't have (I of course will not be checking the other Shopkos in the area to see if I can find any others that don't grace my collection shelves. Here we have frontal assault Duke. Duke now is representing more than two times more in my collection than any other character! That is one thing that bothers me about toymakers that instead of giving us new characters they just give us renamed rehashed version of existing ones. Oh well I guess that will continue forever until I start my own toy company. So having the day off of work paid off not only to spend time with my wife but also because I went to a couple of places I wouldn't have otherwise and had some great finds.

No comments: