Saturday, July 28, 2007

Comic Con Goodness

Well her are some of the pics from Comic Con here in San Diego. I will post pics of my toys when I get back home so for now these are some non toy pics. The first happened when I went to pic up some minimates at the Shopafx booth and I turn around and who is it but Steve Sansweet the president of fan relations at Lucasfilm, the author of the Star Wars Encyclopedia and THE foremost Star Wars collector in the world and I recognized him and he was gracious enough to take a picture with me. AWESOME!!!!!!
I was there for the unveiling of the Mach 1 Iron Man suit from the upcoming and super dee duper highly anticipated Iron Man movie and this here is it. Even better was that I got to shake Tony Stark himself's hand . . . .well atleast the hand of Robert Downey Jr who will be playing the part of my favorite comic book character.
Well I didn't want to pay 50$ to actually go get this one's signiture but I had to atleast take a picture of me and David Prowse who as you all should know is the man inside the Darth Vader suit in the original trilogy.
Here is me and a huge Captain America poster at the Marvel booth (along with a not so polite stranger who got in the picture).
This is a mural made of legos that was at the lego booth. (I will post pics of the lego set I bought once I get it home and built). So those are some of the good pictures but we also saw Aaron Douglass (cheif Tyrol from BSG), George Takei, Seth Gree, Joss Whedon, Stan Lee, Jon Favreau, Ernie Hudson (Winston from Ghostbusters), Robert Englund (Freddie Kreuger), and Rosario Dawson. It was one of the best days ever despite the massive and suffocating crowds. There were some bad news points like the info that Sigma 6 has been cancelled so there will be figures the rest of 2007 but nothing more after that and also that the Target wave of spiderman minimates that was supposed to be out here soon was also cancelled but I did go to a motu panel and the 2002 series will be on dvde in January and there will possibly be more toys here in the future. There were also all the new disney cars toys on display at the mattel booth and man oh man are there a butload of them. anyways until I get home in a few days enjoy these awesome pics.

No comments: